cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with wp e-commerce & authorize.net 2.0

I'm a web designer (not so big on the development side of things) and have created a site for a client that uses the wp e-commerce plugin from getshopped.org, along with the gold cart plugin

My client has an authorize.net account and I have the transaction key & API login ID correctly entered however we keep recieving an error everytime we try to process a payment. whenever you try to go through the checkout & make the payment we get this error -> Transactions of this market type cannot be processed on this system.

I've even tried testing it with real, verifiable credot card info but to no avail. If anyone has any ideas what might be the problem I'd love your input.

As I've not dealt with the clients merchant account or been involved with setting up authorize.net there's possibly something simple I'm just missing

fifteendesign
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey there,

That error usually means you're using a Card Present (CP) test account with a Card Not Present (CNP) implementation or vice versa. You should check to see what kind of Authorize.Net account you are using and then verify that you are using the appropriate CP or CNP API.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

View solution in original post

Michelle
All Star
2 REPLIES 2

Hey there,

That error usually means you're using a Card Present (CP) test account with a Card Not Present (CNP) implementation or vice versa. You should check to see what kind of Authorize.Net account you are using and then verify that you are using the appropriate CP or CNP API.

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

thanks for your response - you are spot on and that is exactly what the problem is.

I just wish I'd been smart enough to google it first as it is a common error when people go to set up third party shopping carts when their is already an exsisting offline business set up.

thanks ever so much for your response,

Violet