cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minFraud Service (MaxMind) and DPM Method

Hello,

Is anyone familiar with the minFraud service that MaxMind offers? It's a 3rd party fraud suite. I was wondering if it was possible to use with DPM method, Some information including the first 6 digits needs to be forwarded to their service and in return they send back a http post telling us to proceed with the payment and off to authortize.net. It's my understanding that DPM has to go straight to Authorize.net?

Below is a quick guide of how they say to set up their service:

Steps 1 and 2 can be automated through your e-commerce software)

1. Credit card details are submitted to payment gateway which checks that the credit card is valid, and performs AVS and/or Card Code Verification checks.

2. If the order passes AVS and/or Card Code checks, then accept the order for further processing - don't capture the credit card charge yet, rather select the "Authorization/Pending Capture" mode.

3. Run details of the order through MaxMind's minFraud service. (This can be done manually or automated through APIs.)

4. Manual inspection 
    Manually inspect the order by examining the risk score and the other outputted details. If the order looks legitimate, process the order and capture the credit card charge. Otherwise keep the charge in "Authorization/Pending Capture" mode and ask the client to provide additional identifying information. Manual inspection provides a higher level of security but results in a delay for the customer receiving the digital goods.

OR

Automated inspection 
    If minFraud returns a risk score of, say, 15 or higher, pass the order on to MaxMind's automated Telephone Verification service. The customer is directed to input a telephone number that he has immediate access to. Once he enters the number, a robotic call will be generated to verify his order by giving him a pin code that he needs to complete the order. In an event of a chargeback, the phone number can be used to trace the fraudster.

blackfoot
Contributor
3 REPLIES 3

You can do items 1 and 2 with Authorize.net, and a lot more if you get the Fraud Detection Suite.

TJPride
Expert

I apreciate your response. I have a question reguaridng AFDS. If I were to use AIM with AFDS, if I run Authorization Only; will I get a score sent back to me? Or if it Authorized Only then I know that passed my threshold? Or does it not trip that threshold until Prior Authorization and Capture? If it does run it's fraud check during Authorized Only and it goes over my set threshold will it still Authorize or decline? I'm not sure but isn't their a way to make it so that it "holds" the Authorization until we manually approve? I'm confused on how all that would work. I'm trying to see when it runs its fraud check, if and when it declines. if it holds it for us to approve or just declines. Sorry to sound redundant.

AFDS is not a score based system. When using AIM, you are only advised of the transaction status. This would include the fact that it was held by AFDS, but not which filter caused the hold. The specific filters that were flagged can be queried through our transaction details API.

The actions that Authorize.Net will take on a transaction depend upon your specific AFDS settings. Your options include:

• Authorize as normal and report trigger filtered
  • Authorize and hold for review
  • Do not Authorize and hold for review
  • Decline