cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new api: createTransactionRequest with option to create CIM

In playing around with the new transaction I have 2 suggestions (requirements):

The CIM module has 3 unique keys:  Customer ID,  email and Description.     There is an element for profile and the ability to create a customer profile yet you only use the customer ID and email.    There is no child element for Description.  The description would also help to make the customer profile unique, which we use heavily.

The other major issue I'm seeing is that I charge the card and create a customer/payment profile from the charge but yet I can't use the History button to view the transaction as I would be able to do if I created the customer/payment profile first and then used that to charge.       All of the pieces of the puzzle seem to be there so this appears to be an oversight. 

As it stands now I'm not sure we can use this new feature as we were hoping.      At least not with any ease of use.

batline
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi batline,

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass this along to our internal developers for future enhancement.

Regarding the error "ShippingProfileId is not provided within Customer Profile" you are getting, can you please provide a redacted version of the XML that you are submitting so that we can try and recreate the problem?

Thanks,

Joy

View solution in original post

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
3 REPLIES 3

I'd also like to add that when I attempt to create a new payment profile under an existing customer profile I receive the following error:   ShippingProfileId is not provided within Customer Profile

The documentation states:

"The CIM shipping profile ID.

Optional.   This field is mutually exclusive with the ShipTo section.   Use one or the other."

I submitted the full ship-to into so why am I getting this response ?

batline

Hi batline,

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass this along to our internal developers for future enhancement.

Regarding the error "ShippingProfileId is not provided within Customer Profile" you are getting, can you please provide a redacted version of the XML that you are submitting so that we can try and recreate the problem?

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

as for the shipping profile I believe that was a duh moment on my part.

I submitted to create a 2nd payment profile for the customer and kept the same shipping info as was already on file.  Note: I was using the 'Request/Return/Try it form and didn't bother to change the xml for the shipping profile.     I'm thinking I should have omitted the shipping profile if there was no change. 

Thanks for passing along my concerns to the developers.