cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

prior_auth_capture & x_cust_id

I am using Authnet's "auth_only" to check fund amount and hold the amount for later for a "prior_auth_capture".

This time is a bit different as we are sending the BARE minimum for the "auth_only" (cc num, exp, code, amount)....there is no customer information or customer ID (x_cust_id) sent in on this step.

If the preauth passes, then we submit the rest of the customer's information for the "prior_auth_capture" post, where we pass in the customer ID into 'x_cust_id'.  We ALSO create a "subscription" for the same customer @ this step.

Issue is that it seems on the 2nd direct post (prior_auth_capture) when we pass in the x_cust_id, we are NOT getting it returned from Authorize.net in either the "direct response" or the "silent postback URL".

I have confirmed my code is passing the ID into 'x_cust_id' in the direct post URL.  I just never get it back on the silent post or the direct response.

Question:  Is this because I don't include the ID on the "auth_only" and when I try to capture it, Authorize.net doesn't  'UPDATE' the Customer ID of that transaction?

*NOTE:  I do notice that the rest of the customer's information (name, address, email) ... doesn't update the transaction after I 'capture' it in Authorize.net's system.  However, the "silent postback" AND the "direct response" does include the updated information after the 'prior_auth_capture'.  Why not Customer ID (x_cust_id) ?

I have integrated the direct posts in the past before without this problem (again, the only difference is full customer information & CC info was posted all together on the 'auth_only' and posts afterwards).

All this is being done in PHP/apache.

nauran99
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Look like it just return the auth_only x_cust_id value.

Since the data is not going to get update anyway, you might just as well use the merchant defined fields. So instead of x_cust_id, use something like my_cust_id, and it will repsonse back.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

Look like it just return the auth_only x_cust_id value.

Since the data is not going to get update anyway, you might just as well use the merchant defined fields. So instead of x_cust_id, use something like my_cust_id, and it will repsonse back.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thank your Raynor!  That worked beautifully!