cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"AIM XML Documentation" and "Response Reason Code Tool" have different Response Reason Text

There is a mismatch in response reason text between following sources:

Some examples of  response reason codes that have different response reason text:

So, which of these 2 sources is correct? The PDF or the online tool?

svetozar
3 REPLIES 3

I've often wondered that myself. I would expect the online tool to have fresher information, however it's theoretically possible that the people managing the error response text prefer updating PDF's. Have to wait for a mod.

I'm also waiting for an API tool that let's me access the "Integration Team Suggestions" when I put in an error code. Would be much more convenient for my admin area than having to go to the Response Reason Code Tool and input it manually.

TJPride
Expert

Hi,

In this particular case, the XML AIM guide has been more recently updated than some of the more obscure codes in our response reason code tool. If you ever want to know for certain what is to be returned, you can run a test mode transaction using the card number of 4222222222222 and set the transaction amount to the code in question. We offer absolutely no guarantee that the response text will remain unchanged, so it is important that you do not depend on a specific text being returned.

Thanks,
Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

The problem with that (at least for me) is the responses returned through the API aren't nearly as verbose for many errors as the info returned by the Response Reason Code.