cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Authorize but hold for review" when authorized no communication from to our website

We are encountering the following issue....

When we use the "authorize, but hold for review" fraud feature in the Authorize.net, when I as a merchant approve the order, there is no signal from the authorize.net  to the ecommerce system to inform the system about the new status of order payment.  So the simple question is could you point me to the documentation that states where we can find instruction on how to handle communication from orders that were held up in the system for fraud related reasons but are now authorized? We are using a DPM model.

Thanks.

Schouler
2 REPLIES 2

when I as a merchant approve the order, there is no signal from the authorize.net  to the ecommerce system to inform the system about the new status of order payment.

If you as the merchant approve the order, wouldn't you know which order on you system that need updating?

So the simple question is could you point me to the documentation that states where we can find instruction on how to handle communication from orders that were held up in the system for fraud related reasons but are now authorized? We are using a DPM model.

As far as I know, emails are send only on the authorize phase.

Not sure about silent post, but might if it just authorize and waiting for review approval before capture, but you would get one for the authorize and one for capture.

Or you can use the Transaction Details API to check the transaction periodically

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Hi,

Authorize.Net only sends active notifications at the time of authorization, so nothing is sent once a transaction is captured from an Authorized/Pending Capture state or even when you decline a transaction. Like what Raynor mentioned, you would need to use Transaction Details API to check any status changes post-authorization.

Thanks,

Joy