cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error connecting to AuthorizeNet", transactions over a thousand?

Hi,

I have no problem authorizing values under a thousand; however, I'm trying to authorize an amount over a thousand and I keep getting this "Error connecting to AuthorizeNet" in my log files.

This is what my "sandbox" account log file shows, but the same thing happens in "production".

starting authroize Transaction : 06:47:29
transaction_type:AuthOnly
customerProfileId:31896825
customer_payment_profile_id:32624126
transaction_id:
amount:1041.1999|-|
card_type:
error_message:Error connecting to AuthorizeNet

Does anyone know why I can't connect to AuthorizeNet when I'm doing a transaction over a thousand?

Thank you!

olimits7
Contributor
6 REPLIES 6

I thought this was an issue with a "maximum transaction limit" setup on my account but I just tried submitting a transaction over a thousand using the "Virtual Terminal" on both my "production / sandbox" accounts and it get's submitted successfully.

This being the case, I guess there has to be an issue with submitting this request to the AuthorizeNet API; maybe it's the way the "amount" is listed/formated in the API request on transactions over a thousand?

Thank you!

olimits7
Contributor

Hello @olimits7

An amount above $1000.00 should not cause this problem.  Are you connecting to the API or using an SDK?  If an SDK, which language platform and version?

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
Hi @RichardH I'm using the PHP SDK, how can I check the AuthorizeNet SDK version I'm using? Thank you!

Hi @olimits7

You can query the version in the ANetEnvironment class, or just find the version string in the ANetEnvironment.php file (buried in vendor/authorizenet/authorizenet/lib/net/authorize/api/constants/)

I too am concerned about the formatting of the amount in your log, particularly the number of digits after the decimal. Can you log what amount you're passing in to the function before the transaction gets sent and see if it's formatted that way before the transaction request is built?

Well, we figured out the issue...we were sending the amount with a comma; so when we sent "1,000" it wouldn't work but "1000" worked.   #foreheadsmack  haha.

Thank you!

Great to hear everything's working!