cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your payment was not accepted" response from gateway/transact.dll

Hi all,

I am currently struggling with an issue when testing with a sandbox account. I am a developer for an application that makes use of Authorize.net for payment processing. Long story short... a user is able to pay a bill using our application as the starting point.

Our application will gather all of the data needed and post a form to https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll containing all of the following fields: x_fp_hash, x_fp_sequence, x_fp_timestamp, x_login, x_relay_url, x_relay_response, x_show_form, x_po_num, x_first_name, x_last_name, x_address, x_city, x_state, x_zip, x_country, x_phone, x_email, x_header_html_payment_form.

Once posted, /gateway/transact.dll will generate and display a payment form, where a user is able to enter credit card info and other billing info. Here is where we encounter a problem. Immediately after submitting this payment form, /gateway/transact.dll returns a style-less page, simply containing the sentence, "Your payment was not accepted". There is no response error code with this message. Furthermore, /gateway/transact.dll never redirects back to our website - which is expected behavior. In addition to this, the user is still receiving an email receipt from Authorize.net - which to me indicates that the payment was still successful despite what the error message implies.

This has workflow has been smooth in the past. Nothing has changed in our application in the process that generates the data we send to Authorize.net.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

fmhdev
1 REPLY 1

Hello @fmhdev

It appears you're using our payment form and when we post data back to your server, you are not reading the information.  Please refer to Relay Response in the payment form documentation at http://www.authorize.net/support/SIM_guide.pdf

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator