cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

satchmo help. Credit card number is required.

I am new for satchmo. I just follow the guild to build a shop.

After getting a test account from authorize.net and filling the admin settings, I got this error..

"Credit card number is required."

I have googled, because before this I just got another market type error and I register another user to fix that.

But now I got stuck here. Anyone uses satchmo and suffered this before?

ugxiaohei
4 REPLIES 4

Hey there,

I am completely unfamiliar with satchmo, but in your testing, you do need to use a credit card number or your tests will fails.

For your reference, you can use the following test credit card numbers when testing your connection. The expiration date must be set to the present date or later:

- American Express Test Card: 370000000000002

- Discover Test Card: 6011000000000012   

- Visa Test Card: 4007000000027    

- Second Visa Test Card: 4012888818888   

- JCB: 3088000000000017

- Diners Club/ Carte Blanche: 38000000000006   

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

I tried this, but do not work for me...

Have you contacted satchmo's customer service? It sounds like it may be a problem on their end....

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

I know it's been a little while, but I thought I would chime in as I got this error just recently and had to debug.

Satchmo uses keyedcache in order to store credit card information in the cache when processing an order. If you do not have this setup correctly, you will see an error in the log that keyedcache is not actually turned on, but this will not affect most of the site until you go to check out, at which point you will get this error because satchmo attempts to grab the credit card and ccv from the cache, and the values do not exist in it. Make sure that you have both CACHE_BACKEND and CACHE_TIMEOUT set in your settings file. In my case it was CACHE_TIMEOUT that was causing this error.

zenos