cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

understanding database schema

I have an existing customer database in MySQL. Would like to migrate this data to CIM and manage it there.

Downloaded and read the Developer Guide (XML), tried to find database schema or at least a list of all the values that can be stored or associated with a particular customer. Aiming to map the existing database to CIM so I can figure out how to migrate everything.

I see the various input parameters are listed under various functions, but finding it a little tricky to try and build up a master list of all the parameters available.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Headwaters
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Well, it's just like profile creation if you're using regiar (not hosted) CIM, only you have to load the data from your database or file or whatever you have the data stored in and then run through it one record at a time. What format is your data stored in right now? Do you have a user associated with each set of data? I don't have an exact piece of code handy, but I'm familiar enough with the API that I can probably write something fairly quickly if your data is in CSV or mySQL format and doesn't require too much massaging. Figure like $150-$200 max, maybe less if it goes quickly. Time frame would be 2-3 days since I have another project I need to work on tomorrow, and I'll need a data sample (fake credit card is fine, but everything should be formatted exactly the way it will be in the real file).

If you want to do it yourself, look at the CIM.markdown file in the doc folder of your SDK, it will explain more or less how to do it.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Schema at

https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd

Function is the

createCustomerProfileRequest

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

You didn't mention which SDK you'll be working with, so I'm going to assume for the sake of argument you'll be using PHP. Download the SDK, look in the doc folder for a file called CIM.markdown. This will contain fairly straightforward code for creating profiles with shipping addresses and billing profiles and so on. The CIM XML guide, which you probably already have, gives a comprehensive list of the fields available, albeit perhaps a bit hard to understand without the markdown file mentioned above.

TJPride
Expert

Thanks for the responses.

This site is actually ColdFusion. I'm going to guess there isn't an SDK for that. Is it even feasible trying to integrate CIM into a ColdFusion setup?

Thanks

Look like someone got the TransactionDetail API to work with ColdFusion successfully.  With some code change, it should work with CIM too.

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Transaction-Detail-API-and-Coldf...

Thanks for the tips.

So what are my best options for migrating the existing data? Is there someway to automate this? Or are we pretty much looking at a manual re-entry for each existing record?

Even CF can do XML posts, so you ought to be able to just run through all your records one at a time, fill the values into an XML template, post to Authorize.net, then parse the return XML for profile ID's (or error codes). I don't code in CF, however, so I can't supply sample code.

EDIT: You could also try submitting a ticket to Authorize.net and see if they can import your data for you for a fee. This may be more efficient than coding an import yourself.

Actually, for the purposes of migrating the data, a one-time operation (hopefully!), who says I need to code in CF? Could I just write a PHP script that reads the MySQL database, restructures the data as needed, and inserts it through the CIM API?

Integrating the CF site, however, would take a bit of CF futzing I'm sure.

Sure. As long as your development environment supports PHP you could certainly use that to do your migration.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

You -could- even write the entire interface with Authorize.net in PHP, there's no reason why 100% of your site has to be CF. Of course, this might mean duplicating your site template, but that's probably easier than figuring out Authorize.net in CF. There's already an excellent code base in PHP.