cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

understanding database schema

I have an existing customer database in MySQL. Would like to migrate this data to CIM and manage it there.

Downloaded and read the Developer Guide (XML), tried to find database schema or at least a list of all the values that can be stored or associated with a particular customer. Aiming to map the existing database to CIM so I can figure out how to migrate everything.

I see the various input parameters are listed under various functions, but finding it a little tricky to try and build up a master list of all the parameters available.

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Headwaters
14 REPLIES 14

Thanks.

I downloaded the PHP SDK and CIM integration sample code. But where would I find some sample code to handle the migration of data? Or do I need to start from scratch on that?

Appreciate the tips.

Authorize.net may be able to do a one-time import for a fee, you'll have to submit a ticket or call to verify. Short of that, you'll just have to convert all the profiles to profile ID's by running them through the CIM API one at a time.

I asked Authorize.net about that, they don't offer any services for importing data.

I was just hoping somebody else had done this operation in PHP and I could see how they coded it.

Well, it's just like profile creation if you're using regiar (not hosted) CIM, only you have to load the data from your database or file or whatever you have the data stored in and then run through it one record at a time. What format is your data stored in right now? Do you have a user associated with each set of data? I don't have an exact piece of code handy, but I'm familiar enough with the API that I can probably write something fairly quickly if your data is in CSV or mySQL format and doesn't require too much massaging. Figure like $150-$200 max, maybe less if it goes quickly. Time frame would be 2-3 days since I have another project I need to work on tomorrow, and I'll need a data sample (fake credit card is fine, but everything should be formatted exactly the way it will be in the real file).

If you want to do it yourself, look at the CIM.markdown file in the doc folder of your SDK, it will explain more or less how to do it.

Thanks, I'm looking at that CIM.markdown file now and will get back in touch. Appreciate the offer of help.