cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

validationMode parameter usage in CIM

I had a couple of questions regarding use of validationMode parameter..

1. If I do not use validationMode parameter, will my transactions pass through in the live environment?

2. If I use cardCode parameter, then is it a must that I have to use validationMode parameter? If I use validationMode, it would generate a $0.01 transaction, and standard gateway charges and merchant fee would apply.  

Would this be reflected in customer's statement?
If I am the merchant, how much do I pay for each such transaction?

Please let me know about these details.

Thanks,

Php Dev

phpdev
Contributor
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

If I skip validationMode parameter entirely in live environment, then if I use an already expired Card no. with fake expiration date.Will it be accepted by Authorize.Net or rejected at profile creation time?

It will be accepted by authorize.net, authorize.net do not validate the cc info, is the processor/issuing bank.

The thing they check Luhn_algorithm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luhn_algorithm , if the expire date is old.

If I use validationMode set to liveMode for a Visa payment, are the address and zipcode fields essential?

yes.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

1)Assuming when you said not to use validationMode you mean to set it as testmode.

As the name imply it is use for validation when you add a payment profile. If you set it as testmode, it will save the payment profile even if they use a fake # e.g. 4111111111111111

2)Since the card code is only use it validation only(livemode), it is not saved in authorize.net. There isn't any reason to get the cardCode if you use testmode.
The $0.01 or $0.00 is auth_only and get void right away. It might show up on customer statement.

If you are the mechant, talk to your mechant bank for the fee.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks for the quick response. 

If I skip validationMode parameter entirely in live environment, then if I use an already expired Card no. with fake expiration date.Will it be accepted by Authorize.Net or rejected at profile creation time?

If I use validationMode set to liveMode for a Visa payment, are the address and zipcode fields essential?

Thanks,

Php Dev

It will be accepted by authorize.net, authorize.net do not validate the cc info, is the processor/issuing bank.

The thing they check Luhn_algorithm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luhn_algorithm , if the expire date is old.

yes.

Thanks.