cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vb.net SIM Transaction Response Example?

I'm integrating SIM with vb.net and have successfully setup the checkout up to where the customer pays on the hosted page and is sent back to my site.  I can't seem to get the transaction response to work correctly and don't really have a good idea how to go about it.  There doesn't seem to be an example of this within the SIM sample code. Does anyone have a working example that they could post here?  Specifically, I'm looking for an example of the aspx page that the transaction posts back to. 

I'm currently getting the following error . . .

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.
It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

I'm not even sure how to trouble shoot this, as I can't see what's causing the error.  And, I'm sure I have multiple errors in the code, as I really have no idea how to set up this page.

Thanks for the help!

Norton
2 REPLIES 2

This error indicates that Authorize.Net is not able to load the page that you are using for relay response.  The error is commonly encountered during development if you are using an internal development server to host the response page, or possibly even the native visual studio server.  The relay response page must be publically accessible on the internet so that Authorize.Net can load it.

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Did you ever find a code example for how to handle the POST from authorize.net?  I'm in the same situation.  Any help would be appreciated.