cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which API?

I've read through a bunch of documentation but my particular use case is not clearly addressed.  I want to allow my customers to fill out a form such that I may automatically debit their bank accounts on a monthly basis for a set amount.

I understand this may be accomplished through ACH and I gather that Authorize.Net must provide some API to do it.  I'm currently reading the AIM docs but the API really seems focused on credit cards.  I'm also looking into eCheck but I have yet to see anything about scheduling.

input greatly appreciated.

ekkis
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The easiest way to do this is probably CIM profiles with a bank account payment method. You'll have to script the payments yourself, possibly with a cron job that runs every morning, but it's much easier to manage ongoing payments with CIM than with AIM + ARB (at least in my opinion). Don't know what language you're using, but I use PHP and the PHP.markdown file in the doc folder in the SDK gives some code examples. Hopefully the other SDK's do as well.

View solution in original post

TJPride
Expert
5 REPLIES 5

The easiest way to do this is probably CIM profiles with a bank account payment method. You'll have to script the payments yourself, possibly with a cron job that runs every morning, but it's much easier to manage ongoing payments with CIM than with AIM + ARB (at least in my opinion). Don't know what language you're using, but I use PHP and the PHP.markdown file in the doc folder in the SDK gives some code examples. Hopefully the other SDK's do as well.

TJPride
Expert

thanks for the reply.  I'll go read up on CIM instead.  I'm using c#.

No problem and good luck.

Sorry to go on and on, but...

I want to know if I can use the echeck with the direct post method and CIM?  Is there an example of this?

Thanks

MrFitz

Short answer - yes. If you search in the CIM documentation for the term "echeck" and scan through the results, you'll see a couple are in the list of fields for createCustomerProfileRequest and createCustomerPaymentProfileRequest. The echeck fields should be largely the same for DPM.

http://www.authorize.net/support/CIM_XML_guide.pdf