cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x_response_reason_code 22 (issue with UK account and PaymentSense)

Hello,

I've been using successfully Authorize.net for a while with US account, but I'm having issues with a UK account (with processor PaymentSense). Testing site works fine, but problem with production transaction:

1. solved: replaced country name with country iso3 after receiving error:
x_response_code : 3
x_response_reason_code : 350
x_response_reason_text : Country must be a valid three-character value if specified.

2. unsolved:
x_response_reason_code : 22
x_response_reason_text : An error occurred during processing. Please try again.

=> any reason or how to fix this?

thank you,
ST1

ST1
7 REPLIES 7

Do you have a sample transaction ID that gives you RRC 22 in Production?

RRC 22s are usually processor errors, but a transaction ID will give us better visibility into the nature of the error.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.
Lilith
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

transaction ID on production:

x_trans_id : 8331804975

thank you,

ST1

@ST1 Thanks. This appears to be a transient error that only impacted this transaction.

Looking at the Production account, it doesn't look like you have submitted any more transactions. Could you try again and confirm that you aren't seeing the issue recur?

If you do see it recur, you may want to contact Merchant Support at 877-447-3938 to report the issue. You may also want to contact your MSP to see if they can offer troubleshooting.

--
Lilith
Administrator

Thanks Lilith,

I confirm that we still have the same error.
also I'm getting 2 different info from PaymentSense technical support and Authorize.net documentation:

- PaymentSense: "The country code should be the 3 digit ISO 3166-1 code. For instance, the code for the United Kingdom is 826."
- Authorize.net docs: "Country code must be in ISO format. For example, GBR, CHE, AUS."

We tried the country both way, production results below if needed.
ST1

(1)
when using country ISO 3 NUMERIC (mentioned by PaymentSense support):
--------------------------
Date: April 21, 2016 at 11:11:08 AM EDT
x_response_code : 2
x_response_reason_code : 328
x_response_reason_text : 5103, Invalid Country for processor: EvoSnap.
x_trans_id : 8337355853
x_country : 840

(2)
when using country ISO 3 LETTER (mentioned in Authorize.net Documentation):
Date: April 21, 2016 at 10:19:42 AM EDT
x_trans_id : 8337119348
x_country : USA
Date: April 19, 2016 at 3:42:49 PM EDT
x_trans_id : 8331804975
x_country : USA

(3)
when using regular country name (works for our authorize.net USA account but not UK):
Date: April 18, 2016 at 2:22:17 PM EDT
x_response_reason_code : 350
x_response_reason_text : Country must be a valid three-character value if specified.
x_country : United States

@ST1 You definitely should be using the three-letter ISO 3166 code, not the numerical three-digit code. The numerical code is only for situations when you can only use numbers rather than alphanumerics.

See https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search -- you may need to click on "Officially assigned codes" on the left sidebar to see the "Alpha-3" codes.

The RRC 22s are being caused by something other than country codes, I believe. Could you please call Merchant Support and ask them to investigate transactions 8337119348 and 8331804975? I don't see any need to bring up the country codes, but if you can provide the raw transaction requests (with CC#s, CVV, transaction keys, etc. masked for security) that will help us troubleshoot the processor issue.

Thanks!

--
Lilith
Administrator

Hello, were you able to resolve your issue with the UK account? We ran into the same problem so I am looking for some suggestions how to resolve it.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

@Lilith wrote:

@ST1 You definitely should be using the three-letter ISO 3166 code, not the numerical three-digit code. The numerical code is only for situations when you can only use numbers rather than alphanumerics.

See https://www.iso.org/obp/ui/#search -- you may need to click on "Officially assigned codes" on the left sidebar to see the "Alpha-3" codes.

The RRC 22s are being caused by something other than country codes, I believe. Could you please call Merchant Support and ask them to investigate transactions 8337119348 and 8331804975? I don't see any need to bring up the country codes, but if you can provide the raw transaction requests (with CC#s, CVV, transaction keys, etc. masked for security) that will help us troubleshoot the processor issue.

Thanks!

Hi gregb,

for info we were not able to make it work with PaymentSense apparently because of a VAR sheet that could not be defined/set up.
so it works now but with another processor.
ST1

ST1