cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x_trans_ID on merchant is not the same as the one originated by Authorize.net server

I’m trying to implement the DPM, using VB and .NET. The problem that I’m having is that after originating a transaction number on the merchant account and sending it to the Authorize.net, I end having two different numbers. The one originated by the merchant is different than the server x_trans_ID response value.

Example: Merchant server originates a transaction ID and I send it to the Authorize.net server like x_trans_ID = 235648971, however, after credit card is charged and all transactions take place on Authorize.net server, the response that I got for the x_trans_ID is different like: 8815489745, Why? Do anybody have a clue of why this? How could I fix this?

Thanks    

AuthComm25
Contributor
11 REPLIES 11

Ok. I see what you are trying to do.

No. the x_trans_id is one of the post values return to you on the relay response.

You will use that to create the your MD5 hash to compare to the x_MD5_Hash that is also return from the relay response.

Thanks a lot for your help, it is working now. Couldn't done without your help. Give you a lot of credit. Thanks !!