Enhanced Customer Profile Reporting, New Webhooks UI

by Administrator Administrator on ‎04-03-2017 08:45 AM (13,191 Views)

Today we are announcing reporting enhancements and a new web UI for managing Webhooks within the Merchant Interface.

Enhanced Customer Profile and Transaction Reporting

Merchants are now able to retrieve a list of transactions for a particular customer profile (and optionally a specific payment profile) using a single API method. Transaction reporting will also include the customer and payment profile ID used for a transaction.

• New API method GetTransactionListForCustomer returns all transactions created using a specified customer profile (and optionally a specific customer payment profile).
  • The GetTransactionList, GetUnsettledTransactionList and GetTransactionDetails APIs will now return the customer profile and payment profile IDs used to create a transaction.

Webhooks Web UI

We now offer a Web UI for creating, editing and deactivating Webhooks. Using the Webhooks UI, you can specify the endpoint name and URL, and select one or more events to receive notifications.

The Webhooks UI is available under Settings > Notifications in the Merchant Interface.

webhooksUI.png

Using Default Customer Profiles with Transactions and Subscriptions

When creating a new transaction or subscription using a customer profile, sending just the customer profile id alone will use the default payment profile if one exists.

Search Profiles Using Merchant Specified Unique ID

You can now search for customer profiles using the value specified for merchantCustomerId or email address if they are unique when created using GetCustomerProfile

Comments
by kos
on ‎04-06-2017 08:46 AM

Hi @RichardH,

These are great news. Do you know how soon these enhancements will be available in PHP SDK?

by Administrator Administrator
on ‎04-06-2017 08:53 AM

@kos  I'm checking for specifics but they generally follow within 1-2 weeks.

Richard

by h122762561
on ‎04-11-2017 06:14 AM

Hi @RichardH,

Thanks for this good news.

Does GetTransactionListForCustomer API implement already? 

And dose it can be used in old subscription/transaction which are created before?

Since I tried to use this API in http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference, but I always get "I00004" and "No records found."

Thanks a lot!

on ‎04-25-2017 12:26 PM

@kos  All of our SDKs were updated to support this new API method.

Richard

by kos
on ‎05-08-2017 08:05 AM

@RichardH Thank you for keeping me in touch.

I've tested new SDK, it works fine, but as I can see customer profile and payment profile IDs are included only for non-recurring transactions. For instance in Get Transaction List request any transaction created by the subscription will contain data about subscription, in other hand profile field will be set to NULL.

Is this an expected behavior, or this could be also changed in future?

Thanks.

by kos
on ‎05-08-2017 08:48 AM

@RichardH Also response of Get Customer Profile Transaction List contains only non-recurring transactions. Is there any way to get all transactions created using a specified customer profile as it was announced?

Thank you.

on ‎05-08-2017 08:56 AM

Hi @kos,

That's something we're looking into. Since subscriptions are tied to profiles also, it seems like the expected behavior would be to report back the associated profile information as well as the subscription information.

If it is necessary to determine the profile information associated with a subscription transaction, you can always do a followup request to ARBGetSubscriptionRequest to get that info for the subscription.

by kos
on ‎05-08-2017 10:30 AM

Hi @Aaron,

Thank you for your quick reply. For me it is more necessary to retrieve all data from the Get Customer Profile Transaction List request at this moment. I am not getting any transactions launched by subscription in response. So, still, there is no way to get all transactions created using a specified customer profile, which is very important in our project for billing history.

by iraykhel
on ‎06-16-2017 01:26 PM

I am also not getting any recurring transactions with GetTransactionListForCustomer.

Neither am I seeing them when going to authorize.net account manually, CIM -> pick profile -> click "History".

Since Authorize.NET does not always update subscription status when a card gets declined, this is essential functionality, and lack of it renders recurring billing API fairly useless. Are there plans to add recurring transactions to CIM profiles? Or add another way to retrieve all transactions related to a particular subscription?