cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In an effort to improve our technical documentation, I’d like to take this opportunity to communicate directly with the Authorize.Net developer community. Since taking over all technical documentation earlier this year, I have worked with our Development, Customer Support, and Product Management departments to solicit feedback about our documentation. I have also done some proof-reading and editing.

Now I would like to bring you, the developers who use our APIs, into the discussion about our documentation. The documents I’m referring to can be found in the Explore API Options column on the Integration tab at http://developer.authorize.net/. These documents cover integration methods, such as AIM and SIM, and services, such as ARB and CIM. I’m also responsible for the online help in the merchant and reseller online interfaces.

For those of you who read the documents and are interested in participating in their improvement, I would like to start a dialogue. I have a number of questions for you. For example,

• Which documents have you used?
  • Do you read the entire document or use it for reference?
  • How do you navigate through the documents? Bookmarks? Table of Contents? Text search?
  • What has your general experience with the documents been?
  • Do you know of any specific problems?
  • What do you like about our documentation? What don’t you like?

I encourage you to send me answers to these questions, as well as any other questions, suggestions, complaints, or hate-mail that you might have for me. It could be a sentence or an epic rant. All feedback is welcome, whether it’s about a typo, or you think a whole document should be rewritten. Keep in mind that changes don’t happen overnight, and that your needs might differ from the needs of other developers. I’ll do my best to ensure that our documentation meets as many of your needs as possible.

You can reach out to me either by responding to this blog post or by emailing documentation@authorize.net. If you communicate with me, I’d like to know how long you have been developing Authorize.Net solutions, what your experience-level as a developer is, and how long you have been using our documentation. This helps me understand the context behind your experience.

Thanks,

- Scott

ScottC
Moderator Moderator
4 Comments