Update 2: CIM Profiles for ARB Subscriptions

by Administrator Administrator ‎01-21-2016 08:59 AM - edited ‎02-18-2016 01:59 PM (20,492 Views)

Update 2/18/206

This release is now live in production.

Update: 2/2/2016

This release will be delayed.  At present we don’t have a new release date but will update this post when one is available.

I'd recommend subscribing to this article so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Article Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll receive an email when there are updates.

As previously announced, we are finalizing work that will allow you to use Customer Information Manager (CIM) profiles with our Automated Recurring Billing (ARB) service and vice versa. This means that if you are using both CIM and ARB, you can now use customer profiles for recurring subscriptions as well as one-time payments.

The last stage of this project is being released between January 28 and February 2, 2016. As part of that release, we are creating customer profiles for your existing ARB subscriptions. Those newly created profiles will be viewable in the CIM section of the Merchant Interface along with any other profiles you’ve already created.

To view which ARB subscription (if any) a profile is associated with, simply check the Description field of the profile—any associated subscription ID will be viewable there.

You can edit and update the customer profiles with new payment and customer information. Any new information entered on a profile tied to a subscription will be used for the next recurring payment.

Also, please note that if you try to delete a profile that has been created based on an active or suspended ARB subscription, you will receive the error, “The specified customer/payment profile is associated with a subscription and cannot be deleted.” However, you will still be able to delete any profiles that are associated with expired, canceled or terminated ARB subscriptions.

As a reminder, Authorize.Net permanently deletes all expired, canceled or terminated ARB subscriptions (and their associated profiles) that are more than two years old.

Additional API Enhancements

Along with the changes above, we will be updating the following three API calls in a future release:

• ARBCreateSubscriptionRequest  will be able to accept Customer Profile IDs to populate the customer and payment information.

• ARBUpdateSubscriptionRequest  will also be able to accept Customer Profile IDs.

• CreateProfileFromTransactionRequest  will allow updates to the customer information, if it is missing from the original transaction.

Once the API enhancements above have been released, we will make another blog post in the Developer Community.

Comments
by shapirom
on ‎01-21-2016 08:51 PM

We're just about to implement CIM and ARB on a new system, starting next week.  Is it possible to get early access to this new functionality in the Sandbox, so we can begin development and testing?  Do you expect the API enhancements to be updated in the same time period, or is that for sometime in later in the future (and if later, do you have an estimate as to when?)

Thanks

by Administrator Administrator
on ‎01-22-2016 12:17 PM

Hello @shapirom

Release to the sandbox and product will occur the same day sometime between January 28 and February 2nd.  It is also not possible to gain early access to these features until released.  The additional enhancements will follow later in February.

Richard

by safrick2
on ‎01-26-2016 06:34 AM

This sounds great; Ihave 2 Questions:

Will an arb create, create a customer profile with payment info automatically? 

Will an arb update, update the profile payment info automatically? 

Thanks

by Moderator Moderator
on ‎01-28-2016 10:37 AM

Will an arb create, create a customer profile with payment info automatically? 

Yes, and this is actually already happening. You can find these profiles today by directly querying the subscription details or running a getSubscriptionList call through the API. We are currently only hiding these profiles from the list of all profiles.

Will an arb update, update the profile payment info automatically? 

A request to update a payment profile will affect all subscriptions which are based upon that payment profile. But a request to update an individual subscription will only affect that subscription and a new payment profile will be created if it is necessary to accomplish this.

by milan
on ‎01-29-2016 09:37 AM

Currently, I am building a site requiring exactly this updated functionality and I have the typical corp time crunch :( I am on the fence right now as to whether I try to implement a hack to bridge the CIM and ARB Subscription, or to wait for the update. I have a few critical questions, and someone can answer them:

1. Will my pre-existing CIM Customer, and Payment Profiles be sufficient to utilize the new CIM to ARB subscription functionality?
  2. Also, whats the likelihood of getting the update out by this weekend (1/29/16-1/31/16)?
  3. I am currently using 

https://apitest.authorize.net/soap/v1/Service.asmx and 

https://api.authorize.net/soap/v1/Service.asmx for my ARB and CIM functionality for test and live URLs. Will these SOAP webservices contain the updates that you are talking about?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.