cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Add Credit Card to Google Pay

I'm currently facing a specific issue with Google Pay on my Android device. The problem is that I am unable to add a credit card to Google Pay. Every time I attempt to add a card, the process starts, but it eventually ends with an error message indicating the issue. I have ensured that my card details are correct, and I've also tried adding different cards, but the problem persists. This issue is hindering my ability to use Google Pay for transactions. If anyone has experienced a similar problem or has a solution to this specific issue, your assistance would be highly appreciated.

gillshreyas
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there,

I had a similar issue with adding a credit card to Google Pay on my Android device. What worked for me was clearing the cache and data of the Google Pay app. Give it a try by going to your phone's settings, then Apps > Google Pay > Storage > Clear Cache/Clear Data. After doing this, restart your phone and attempt to add the credit card again.

If the issue persists, ensure that your Google Pay app and Android system are updated to the latest versions. Sometimes, outdated software can cause compatibility issues.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Alexanderwp

If you're unable to add a credit card to Google Pay, check your internet connection, ensure the card is supported, and verify that it's not expired. Clear the app cache, update the Google Pay app, and confirm your billing information matches. If issues persist, contact your bank to ensure they support Google Pay or consider using an alternative card.

alizabetharms

Hi @gillshreyas ,

Do you get any additional error message when this occurs? Generally when adding a card to Google Wallet Google will communicate to your Issuing Bank to make all the necessary checks, it can simply be the case that your Bank or specifically your card type does not support Google Pay (although I know you state you've tried multiple cards), however it can also be for some additional reasons:

• Your phone doesn't have NFC technology: To make contactless payments, NFC is required. Check if your phone supports NFC.
  • Your phone doesn't meet the security standards for contactless payments: Check if you:
    • Have a rooted device
    • Run a custom ROM
    • Have an unlocked bootloader
    • Are running uncertified software

The error message displayed on screen can often set you in the right direction.  The last time I was having such an issue it was simply that my Google account was UK and I was adding a US card

Regards

MattCYBS
Moderator Moderator