cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

The transaction is currently under review.

Hello everyone,

I have been working to integrate our site with Authorize.net using the AIM method, and had a question about a particular response type. In the documentation, there are four possible response types:

1 - The transaction has been approved

2 - The transaction has been declined

3 - There was an error processing this transaction

4 - The transaction is being held for review

The first three response types are clear. My question is pertaining to the last one: transaction being held in review. 

Is that response type valid for credit card transactions? I checked the status descriptions on the Authorize.net portal, and it says that reviews could  occur only for eCheck.Net transactions. The forums too say something similar, but I couldn’t fine a definitive answer. I would like to get a confirmation about the applicability of that response type to us, as we are only dealing with credit/debit cards. Also, we are not accepting partial authorization.

Thanks for your help.

Here are the possible "Transaction under review" responses. The last one does not apply, as we will not be accepting partial authorization.

The transaction is currently under review.
The transaction was placed under review by the risk management system.

Your order has been received. Thank you for your business!
The transaction was accepted, but is being held for merchant review. The merchant can customize the customer response in the Merchant Interface.

Your order has been received. Thank you for your business!
The transaction was accepted and was authorized, but is being held for merchant review. The merchant can customize the customer response in the Merchant Interface.

The amount of this request was only partially approved on the given prepaid card. Additional payments are required to complete the balance of this transaction.
The merchant must have partial authorization enabled in the merchant interface in order to receive this error.

akapadia
Who Me Too'd this topic