cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

sandbox transaction key changes all the time

Over the past 2 years or so, my sandbox transaction key changes out from under me every few days or so. It is not me that is changing it. I emailed authnet support about this several months ago and they were like ha ha why don't you change your password, dummy, because somebody is logging in and changing it. So I changed my sandbox password. The problem kept right on happening, no pausing or slowing.

I am absolutely convinced that some authnet system is automatically changing this transaction key. Maybe it's from database resets or some automated process, I don't know what. But it's happening, I can prove it, and it's aggravating beyond belief. All my sandbox systems and test client systems break all the time and I have to go log in and get my new key.

There's a checkbox when getting the api credentials to "Disable old transaction key". I NEVER check that box, so I know that's not it.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? Authnet could prove this is happening. They could log my login history and when a week goes by in which I don't log in, they could verify that my transaction key in fact changed. I'm at wits end on this. Please help.

ZeroGravPro
Contributor
Who Me Too'd this topic