cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Transaction Error Notification - Script timed out but never hit Response URL

We have been using Authorize.net for a little over a year now and never received the error message below until last week on 3/5/18.  Since then it has been occuring a few times every day.  While its only a few (~5% of our transactions) we need to find a solution.

Authorize.Net Merchant,

Your script timed out while we were trying to post transaction results to it.

Transaction ID: 0

Transaction Result: The merchant does not accept this type of credit card.

The following message was displayed to the customer:

------------------------------The reporting of this transaction to the Merchant has timed out. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

The merchant does not accept this type of credit card.

I have contacted support a couple times and they sent me a support article about it but didnt help.  They recently pointed me in the direction of these forums.  I found a similar forum post here https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Your-Script-Timed-Out-Relay-Res...

but the issue seemed to have been resolved by clients upgrading to TLS 1.2.  Our host is/has been using TLS 1.2 so that cannot be the issue and Authorize is not even hitting the Response URL for it to time out.  The error also happens instantly so could not be a script error after 10 seconds.

Can a developer please help to identfy/resolve this issue happening.  I can provide times for each of the instances if that helps to look up on your end.

Thanks

celearn
Who Me Too'd this topic