cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who Me Too'd this topic

Possible timeout issue using accept.js

I am using accept.js to handle a credit card form (our own form, not a hosted form). We are using almost verbatim the code provided in the accept.js documentation, with some slight modifications to handle UI things like disabling the submit button.

When the user clicks submit, we disable the button and make it say "Please wait..." while accept.js works in the background. It works great, we have posted tens of thousands of times with no issue, but we have had a small handful of users reporting the button stays at "Please wait..." and never changes. There is nothing odd in the console to indicate an error of any type. I suspect the issue is due to either a) a connectivity issue with accept.js communicating with authorize.net servers or b) some type of ad blocker preventing accept.js from working.

I have a couple questions:

1. When we call `Accept.dispatchData(secureData, responseHandler);` how long before the request times out?  

2. How do we handle (and how does authnet's accept.js handle) timeouts due to an issue with connecting to authnet's server? Is there a known best practice for this? I would imagine something like starting a timer when dispatchData is called, and running a function if X amount of time passes and the responseHandler function has not been called.

3. Are there any known issues with a certain browser plugin or ad blocker? We obviously can't control which extensions users install, but it would be nice to know if there is anything known on authnet's end. 

This has been a major thorn in my side, and a very difficult issue to track down because it doesn't seem to be traced to any specific browser/OS combo. I'm hoping someone here can help.

hojo
Who Me Too'd this topic