cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DPM works with SSL intermittently in live account;OK without SSL, or with SSL in Developer Account

This is an update to our original post at:

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/DPM-only-working-intermittently-...

• With DPM, a developer account, and using an SSL link for the relay response we ran hundreds of transaction with no AN issues
  • With DPM - same code, a live customer account, and using a SSLlink for the relay response, at least 10% of our transaction submittals time out with no repsonse from AN (no log entries)
  • With DPM, a live customer account, and using an non-SSLlink for the relay response, all transactions seem to be working as intended.

Our conclusions:

• Developer accounts and live accounts respond differently to the same situations and code
  • There are SSL issues we do not understand on a live account, but not on a developer account.

We have checked our SSL certificate at:

http://www.digicert.com/help/ and

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html

and do not see any issues but then we are not sure what to look for. There is nothing in the AN documentation about this so any help resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

StephenS
Contributor
26 REPLIES 26

@RichardH. Thanks. If fhere is anything we can do to assist with trouble shooting or otherwase please let us know.

My e-ticket claims the problem is now solved. Can we have some technical explanation of what caused this? It took me nine days of pestering support only to be told that the issue was with our code. I even had packet captures showing the Authorize.net server terminate the connection to our server without sending a POST. Finally an email to our sales rep from our COO got some attention paid to the issue. This after the engineer, Sunny, stopped replying to my support ticket. Was the issue related to one of the A.net servers not having the Digicert root CA cert in its trust store? It amazes me that a company in charge of processing payments has such poor technical support. Payment processing is kind of important.

We are having the same intermittent SSL failure issues. Any updates on a fix for this?

No, we have not yet had a repy (after a week) from support. I hope AN Managers monitor this board. Communication is the first key for keeping customers happy and they are not doing that. Not even an acknowledgement there might be a problem.

A change was recently implemented that should correct this problem.  Please confirm that you you are no longer seeing an error on your sites.

Thank you @RichardH. When was the change made?

However, at this point we are not prepared to"experiment" on our production site given the issues we have had until we get some detailed explanation of what the problem was and whether it would explain developer accounts working and production accounts having intermittent problems. We are owed that.

And why is the formal support group ignoring this through the e-ticket mechanism?

We still have not received any information on what changes were made to correct the issue. We continue to side step the issue by not using SSL in the relay response link and are always seeing AN call the relay response link.

However, another intermittent issue has cropped up. Our relay response link loads this page (we have removed the scripting elements to get the form fields):

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
	   "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<!--Copyright &copy; 1999-2012. All rights reserved.-->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>Ready for Processing</title>
</HEAD>

<BODY>
<form action ="https://full path back to our site/Silent_DPMRecv.cfm?red=53000&frName=win3" method = "post" name = "GoToProcess" target="_self">

<INPUT type="hidden" value="value1" name="name1">
	<INPUT type="hidden" value="value2" name="name2">
	<INPUT type="hidden" value="value3" name="name3">
	<INPUT type="hidden" value="valueN" name="nameN">
</form>
<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = function() {
   document.GoToProcess.submit();
}
</script>
</BODY>
</HTML>

The intermittent problem is that the form above is never submitted back to us once AN has consumed the page. Again we have run this process hundreds of time on a developer account with issue, but on the production account it is an intermittent problem (less than 10% of transactions). And we very much doubt it is an issue of our web server or SSL certificate since we have been running AIM without any issues for many years on the same server and cert.

Any thoughts?

StephenS
Contributor

StephenS

Unfortunately, we are unable to disclose any details of changes and processes for our production systems.  However, I have escalated your most recent report to the product team for closer examination.

Richard

@RichardH. Thanks for the note. I understand that details may not be forthcoming but something like this would add comfort "We found an issue with our handling of SSL certs on one of our new servers, and made the necessary changes". It is just nice to get a head on response to the problem.

StephenS: Just a quick note letting you know our production team is still working on issue you reported.