cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating with little coding knowledge

I have little knowledge of coding a website.  I took a class in it my senior year but that's about all I know.  My boss however wants me to work on their websites.  They said to look at it as a learning experience.  One of the things they want done is to replace paypal with authorize.net on 2 of the 3 sites.  I know enough that it can be as simple as copying and pasting the code where it needs to be but it is very likely not that simple and I really want to figure this out for them.  Is there any one who is willing to help me? I would greatly appreciate it

CDNelson
5 REPLIES 5

Are you doing single payment or recurring billing? Does the boss care if credit card information passes through his web site (none of the integration methods involve storage of credit card information)? What programming language do you have any experience in, if any?

I can point you to the right documentation, and if you ask specific questions here, maybe answer some of them, but if you want complete working code, your best bet is hiring a developer to throw together something for your specific needs.

TJPride
Expert

Well I have Basic Html coding and I mean pretty basic. I have the knowledge.  I know more concepts then anything In class we used Dreamweaver CS3  I can create a basic enough website but the forms were always my problem.

As far as my boss goes she is on the older side and doesnt know much about anything.  So basically whatever i tell her is the best she will generally do.  It is Single payment.  Truthfully hiring a developer seems to be the best bet just to make sure i dont mess anything up.  you ahd previously responded to a post i forgot about i just found it i went to your site and sent an email to you there.

Well, for now you could theoretically use Simple Checkout, where you can go into your Authorize.net control panel, enter product info for each item, then have it generate you a chunk of HTML you can copy and paste (though you'd probably want to modify it so those little cart icons are the submit buttons). It's not a pretty cart, but it loads a lot faster than Paypal.

If I use the buttons all I have to enter is the buttons coding right? I dont have to enter anything else?

Correct.