cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Declined Transaction Not Working

I've been following the Test Guide, and I am entering zip codes that should trigger a declined transaction.

However, when I enter these zip codes the transaction still approves. Also, on the guide it says: 

Your sandbox should always be set to Live Mode. Transactions submitted in test mode are not stored and will return a transaction ID of zero.

Does this mean I need to be in live mode for further testing? I'm not looking to process transactions yet as I'm in testing phase. Or does sandbox simulate live mode?

antmar03
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The issue was that I was in test mode. I confused the sandbox integration with how Stripe works. Stripe live mode actually means live mode, while live mode in sandbox is just for testing.

View solution in original post

antmar03
2 REPLIES 2

The issue was that I was in test mode. I confused the sandbox integration with how Stripe works. Stripe live mode actually means live mode, while live mode in sandbox is just for testing.

antmar03

How do we actually test the credit card even the failed credit card are accepting in the test mode and live mode i need to test the failed transaction or charge a credit card in which a transaction would fail but i'm unable to test it out does anyone know about how can i do it.

suryavanshi