cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API rejecting all credit cards

The sandbox environment is currently rejecting every credit card we try to send. This has effectively shut down our test environment and is a serious issue. Is anyone else seeing this issue? How do I go about getting this addressed ASAP?

valkolovos
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @valkolovos

Are you using the API or and SDK?  Which program language and endpoint?

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

@RichardH

We're using the 'create_transaction' endpoint. The programming language is Python.

I called support and was able to resolve the issue by changing our CCV filter settings. We had to allow "P is NOT Processed".

However, the concern is that we didn't change this setting in the past. Frankly, today was the first time I've logged into the sandbox account for as long as I can remember because we'd misplaced the password.

valkolovos

Hello @valkolovos

Hello

I've reported your issue to the product team for analysis.  What value were you expecting instead of "P"?

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

This also started happening to us.

All cards with payment informaiton on file are now being declined.

It appears to begun on March 22 2016 at about 2:30AM, USCentral.

We are using the the anet-java-sdk-1.8.5.jar SDK.

pgarvie
Contributor

Hello @pgarvie

Is this with your sandbox or production account.  And can you share the specific reasons response codes returned?

Richard

It's in the sandbox.

We originally created the payment record with a CVV of 900

RESPONSE_REASON_CODE is 65

CARDHOLDER_AUTHENTICATION_VERIFICATION_RESPONSE is 2.

Are you looking at the cvvResultCode?  Cardholder Authentication Verification is related to Verified by Visa and MasterCard Secure code.

Richard

Sorry, not sure what you mean.

What we detailed before are the key/value pairs returned by the Java API call to the merchant.postTransaction(transaction) method.

We don't see a key for a cvvResultCode.

We are testing in the sandbox. According to the Testing Guide, a CVV of 900 is always a successful match, so we are confused as to why two days ago our test transactions would start being declined because of a CVV issue.

This is happening with all card types too, not just Visa and MasterCard.