cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCV Questions

I have read threads and guides on CCV and still have question.  I am particularly interested in what happens under CIM

Assume no filters are set for CCV

Is there any value in sending a CCV Code?

Do you get any kind of response the the Code matches or not?

If filters are set then I understand that the CCV code is required for all transactions and any filter not met will result in a decline.  Is this correct?

Any clarification would be great.

spenceka
Contributor
7 REPLIES 7

Not if -no- filters are set. However, you can set it to "Allow, Report Triggered Filter(s)" in your control panel, and then the transaction will go through while returning a flag to tell you the card code status. You can choose a response on your end from there, if necessary, like maybe flagging those accounts for a higher level of monitoring.

TJPride
Expert

I guess I don't know what you mean by control panel.   Is this the Settings?  I have not been able to find "Allow, Report Triggered Filter(s)".  

Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Account -> Settings -> Security Settings -> Basic Fraud Settings -> Card Code Verification. Should be obvious from there.

This is what I see.  I see no choice as you describe so not sure what is different.

Reject Transaction If Card Code value...

Does NOT Match (N)

Is NOT Processed (P)

Should be on card, but is not indicated (S)

Issuer is not certified or has not provided encryption key (U)

I see these options:

AllowAllow, Report Triggered Filter(s)Authorize And Hold For Review

Decline

If card code value:

NDoes NOT Match
PIs NOT Processed
SShould be on card, but is not indicated
UIssuer is not certified or has not provided encryption key

I think I have figured out the difference.  You must have the Advanced Fraud detection Suite.  I think that is were the extra line you include comes from. 

All developer accounts come with that sort of thing turned on, so yes.