cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM transaction quotas? or, Batch Processing

Using PHP, CIM api.

We offer a monthly subscription to web-based tools, the cost of which can change at any time, depending on which subscription options the user chooses.

We currently submit the recurring payment at the same time of day (1 month later) as the original start time. For example, if user subscribed at 2013-01-20 13:55:05, we would submit a payment again on 2013-02-20 13:55:05.

This causes a lot of unnecessary complexity in calculations, and too much confusion for the user. To solve these two problems, we would like to refactor our code such that re-billing occurs at or around midnight on the day the subscription expires.

Before I do that, I want to know if there are quotas on the number of transactions that can be processed in series, or within a certain amount of time, or any other restrictions.

We don't currently have a lot of transactions to process daily... maybe one or two a day on average. At most, I wouldn't anticipate ever processing more than 200 a day, and it would be several years probably before we reached that point.

Am I concerning myself over nothing?

codasaurus
Contributor
1 REPLY 1

Authorize.net doesn't care. Your volume of transactions should work fine linearly (as long as you have a long enough timeout for your script, or keep pushing the timeout forward), but other people have asked about threading and the official answer was that Authorize.net handles millions of transactions and this is just a drop in the bucket.

TJPride
Expert