Contributor
Accepted Solution

CIM - validationMode will not accept blank value when calling createCustomerProfileRequest

The docs say that when calling createCustomerProfileRequest using the CIM XML method, we can set the validationMode set to blank or use "none".

When I set it to blank, I received back the following error:

[E00003] The 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd:validationMode' element is invalid - The value '' is invalid according to its datatype 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd:validationModeEnum' - The Enumeration constraint failed.

Tim

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author sdwebguy
‎08-21-2015 01:58 AM
Administrator

Re: CIM - validationMode will not accept blank value when calling createCustomerProfileRequest

I can confirm that if you don't want to include a validationMode setting, then the element should be left out of the XML completely.  This is generally true for all of our APIs.  I'll make a note of this documentation so that the wording is updated to be more precise in future revisions.

Thanks for the feedback!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Expert

Re: CIM - validationMode will not accept blank value when calling createCustomerProfileRequest

When it said blank, I think it mean not to send the <validationMode /> at all.

Contributor

I agree -- Not sending it at all validates, but blank (empty string) is not the same as null (no value).

Can someone at Authorize clarify this?

Solution
Accepted by topic author sdwebguy
‎08-21-2015 01:58 AM
Administrator

I can confirm that if you don't want to include a validationMode setting, then the element should be left out of the XML completely.  This is generally true for all of our APIs.  I'll make a note of this documentation so that the wording is updated to be more precise in future revisions.

Thanks for the feedback!