cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Customer Profile and do Auth-Capture at the same time?

I'm in the process of adding credit card submission via Authorize.net to an existing database system (FileMaker based) using and XML string and URL-Post to submit it. I have charge submission functionality working correctly but now I'm looking at using CIM - Customer Information Manager for storing Customer payment information with the card processor so that the end user is not keeping the card information.

My question: 

Is there a way to create a Customer Profile at the same time as submitting a transaction, so that a Customer Profile ID is returned with the authCaptureTransaction? Another gateway I've worked with has that capability but it seems that for Authorize.net I have to first do a <createCustomerProfileRequest> transaction and then do a separate <createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest> transaction.

Will

wmloving
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have to first do a <createCustomerProfileRequest> transaction and then do a separate <createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest> transaction.

Yes. That how it works currently.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
1 REPLY 1

I have to first do a <createCustomerProfileRequest> transaction and then do a separate <createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest> transaction.

Yes. That how it works currently.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert