cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Email Receipts

Hi,

Hi

I would like to know how I can edit the default email receipt message generated by authorize.net? I know I can add and change the header and footer message but how can I change "Thank you for your order!" to "Thank you for your contribution"? Also, how can I change the 'From' receipt email address? Right now my customers recieve the receipt from my gmail account and I would like to change this to my business email address. I've updated the email address under user profile settings however the receipt is still coming from my gmail address.

Any help is appreciated.

tee
5 REPLIES 5

Hi tee,

If you're using the default email receipt generated by Authorize.Net, there isn't a whole lot of customization available. Pretty much, you can change the header and footer, but not the wording as you'd like to.

Instead, what you can do is use Silent Post, which will post the transaction results to a URL you specify, and then write a script on your side which uses that information to generate an email to your customer.

If you need to change the email address the receipt is coming from, follow these instructions:

1. Log into the Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net
  2. Click User Profile under Account in the main menu on the left
  3. Click Edit Profile Information
  4. Scroll to the bottom
  5. Under the Specify Email Sender Section, ensure that the box next to Use this email address as sender is checked. If it is not, check it.
  6. Scroll back to the top and enter the email address you would like your emails to come from.
  7. Click Submit

Just a note though, changing this email address will also change the address to where all your selected notifications are sent. If you do not want that to happen, you should instead create a new user account with the email address to be used as your From address, and then follow the instructions above to ensure that is used as the From address. That way, you'll still receive all your notifications at your current email address, but the other address will be used as your From address.

Hope that makes sense. Let me know if doesn't!

Thanks,

Michelle

Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

Is this 2010 answer above still accurate??

Here's my question...

I'm using the DPM API, and I have a file called process_sale.php. And it contains this...

$response = new AuthorizeNetSIM;

if ($response->isAuthorizeNet()) {

if ($response->approved) {

$return_url = $site_root.'thank_you.php?transaction_id='.$response->transaction_id;

} ...

What I'd like to do is use PHP to send an e-mail right here. Isn't this possible?

And if it is, what is available? Here's the list I have so far...

$response->approved

$response->transaction_id

$response->response_reason_code

$response->response_code

But what I need is name, description, and amount. Any ideas?

The relay response page should have access to the entire order information (minus credit card data, of course). To see what's available, log the output of print_r($response, true) to a file and then send a transaction through.

Hi Sir,

Please provide me the details for following :

I'm using CIM approach.

I 'm passing shipping address while creating customer profile but didn't get shipping address in email notification and also not in transaction details. 

Could you please tell me the reason why I'm not getting shipping address in email notificaion and also not in transaction details.

And please tell me how can i get shipping information in transaction and email notification

Thanks 

I too need to understand how to get shipping info into emailed receipt.

Thanks all

charlessmanning@yahoo.com