Highlighted
Topics: 5
Kudos: 37
Blog Posts: 5
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 26

Re: Getting E00061 - How do I format device information for encrypted mobile card reader track data?

My apologies, I realize we're talking about different things. Please disregard my previous reply.

Let's back up a bit. Which make and model of card reader are you using? And where did you acquire it?

With that information I can provide a better answer.

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Getting E00061 - How do I format device information for encrypted mobile card reader track data?

It's an IDTECH SecureMag USB KB reader - it spits out the encrypted data like a keyboard would.

The data contains unencrypted information like the last 4 digits of the card of the card holder's name.

I also don't know which parts of that information needs to be submitted to authorize.net - once I know that, I can hopefully find out how to extract it from the code. I have the source code of a program that does it - I just don't know what exactly is required.

But before I can get there, I still have the E00061 error to contend with - unless that error shows up because the data cannot be decrypted correctly in which case the error message is misleading.

Highlighted
Topics: 5
Kudos: 37
Blog Posts: 5
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 26

@rlund Where did you buy the card reader?

--
"Move fast and break things," out. "Move carefully and fix what you break," in.
Highlighted
Contributor

I don't know that answer - I'm just the developer who is supposed to make it work.

As far as I know, one of our business partners who uses a different card reader from the same company organized the whole thing. As far as I know, the card readers were pre-programmed with the correct settings and key to work with authorize.net.

Highlighted
Contributor

Still hoping on an answer here since I can't even test any data submissions until I know what Device Information should be sent to avoid this error...

Can I get a final ruling on whether or not the Device Info is the same for every reader (as referenced earlier in this thread) or if a key has to be attached?

If I need to attach a key to the Device Info, which key is that? The KSN, the Input Derivation Key, or ... ?

The Demo software for this reader outputs a some kind of key in Hex, but doesn't say what key that is.