cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sandbox and Production Now Supports SHA2 Certificates

The sandbox environment was recently upgraded to support SHA2 certificates after a rigorous QA testing process.  Prior to deployment to our production enviroment, we would invite developers who previously reported issues with SSL and SHA2 certificates to test with the sandbox and confirm if the issue is resolve.

Please use this thread to post success or failure.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Support for SHA2 certificates is now available on both Sandbox and Production enviroments.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator
9 REPLIES 9

I did 10 tests today (at 5:30PM), and 3 of them failed.

bfoulds

I think there are some caching issues with authorize.net "remembering" what SSL certificate I had the previous attempt, and so fast testing doesn't always work like the way I would think.

But, after that one attempt that may or may not work all further tests worked 100%.

Thank you!

jondaley
Contributor

I did 10 more tests today, and 7 or them failed.

We've uncovered a problem with the deployment for this solution to the sandbox.  Once an update is completed, we'll let you know when to resume testing.  

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email when there are updates. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

Sandbox update complete, they should now support SHA2 certificates.

I just did 20 more tests, and they all work perfect.

My support ticket was closed, but this hasn't been published yet, right?  Do you have an ETA of when this will be published?

Support for SHA2 certificates is now available on both Sandbox and Production enviroments.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator

I just got a new certificate that is SHA256 and I'm getting that dreaded error "An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant."

When my relay response and receipt URLs are non SSL (http) everything works fine, but when the URLs use SSL, I get the error in sandbox and production servers.

I thought this issue was fixed from reading this and other threads - but is that because everyone is just not using SSL for those pages?  I know it's still secure I'd like to be able to use SSL.  What should I try?

mschloss