cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Transactions Details API: returnedItem Transaction

When I run a "GetTransactionDetails" on a returnedItem transaction that was a returned eCheck, it does not have the original transaction ID in the response.  Does anyone know if there is there a way to associate the returnedItem transaction to the original eCheck transaction?  When looking in my Authorize.Net account under Reports->Returns, it show the original transaction ID, but I am unable to find that via the Transaction Details API.  Am I missing something somewhere?  Let me know if you need more details, code examples, response examples, etc.

pristine
5 REPLIES 5

It not in the refTransID field?

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

As far as I can tell, the refTransID field is only returned for refund transactions, and indeed it is not included with the response on a returnedItem transaction.

I am so frustrated right now!  I hate when companies go to a "Community" support instead of doing real support with people who would actually be able to anser my questions.  I would love to be able to get a real answer from Authorize.Net, but it appears they either do not provide support for their integrations (which is pretty much what their business is!), or they do a really good job of hiding the contact us form.

pristine

Hi pristine,

I've passed your question onto our product team, but don't have an answer yet.

I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

Thanks,

Richard

I have the same issue. Is this fixed now?