Contributor
Accepted Solution

Subscription Transactions?

Is there any API to get a list of transactions for a given subscription id?  Maybe I totally missed it, but I don't see and API to do this.

As an alternative, it looks like I can load the subscription to get the customerProfileId and payentProfileId, call getTransactionListForCustomerRequest(customerProfileId, paymentProfileId), loop over the transactions returned in the response, and evaluate if transaction.subscription.id is equal to the subsciptionId I am looking for.  Furthermore, getTransactionListForCustomerRequest() uses paging, so I may need to call that API multiple times to get the collection of transactions for a subscription.

Seems like there should be an easier way to get the list of transactions for a subscription?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author dnsBuffaloNY
‎04-12-2017 01:18 PM
All Star

Re: Subscription Transactions?

Hi @dnsBuffaloNY,

The way you described of retrieving the transactions by profile and then checking the subscription ID would currently be the only way.

I can definitely see the usefulness of being able to just specify a subscription ID. Some sort of getTransactionListForSubscription() call?

I'd encourage you to post this onto our Ideas Forum where others can take a look, contribute feedback, and vote for new features.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author dnsBuffaloNY
‎04-12-2017 01:18 PM
All Star

Hi @dnsBuffaloNY,

The way you described of retrieving the transactions by profile and then checking the subscription ID would currently be the only way.

I can definitely see the usefulness of being able to just specify a subscription ID. Some sort of getTransactionListForSubscription() call?

I'd encourage you to post this onto our Ideas Forum where others can take a look, contribute feedback, and vote for new features.

Contributor

Hi Aaron.  I'm working on implementing this same approach but I'm not getting the results I'm expecting.  When I look at the Recurring Billing section on the sandbox, I can see 1 transaction completed for my subscription.  The transaction detail has a status of "Settled Successfully" with an amount of $20.  The issue is that when I get the results back from getTransactionListForCustomerRequest with the specified customer profile ID and customer payment profile ID, I get a transaction back but it does not have a subscription (null subscription property) and it has a status of "voided" with a settled amount of 0.

All Star

Hi @rmontoya12,

The getTransactionListForCustomerRequest call will only return the transactions that were performed by specifically charging a payment profile in a createTransactionRequest call, not subscription transactions. Although subscription transactions are also using customer profiles, the transactions would need to be retrieved through the subscription APIs.

Ok, I was simply following the process that dnsBuffaloNY mentioned in his post above that started this thread and I thought you had affirmed that was the way to do it.

Do you have a link to instructions on how to get a list of transactions that were processed for an ARB subscription?

Thanks!

All Star

[ Edited ]

No, you're absolutely right. I'm trying to get out the door to the airport, and my head was elsewhere. I was thinking of something completely different. Stay tuned, and I'll write an answer that makes more sense...

[ Edited ]

Hi Aaron.  Any update on this?

I'd love to now more on this as well! - Rich

I'm trying to do this method (getting the customerProfileId from the subscription list and passing it to getTransactionListForCustomerRequest) but it always returns {"code":"I00004","text":"No records found."}

what am I missing? are subscription transactions included in the list of transactions by customer api call?