cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sandbox transaction key changes all the time

Over the past 2 years or so, my sandbox transaction key changes out from under me every few days or so. It is not me that is changing it. I emailed authnet support about this several months ago and they were like ha ha why don't you change your password, dummy, because somebody is logging in and changing it. So I changed my sandbox password. The problem kept right on happening, no pausing or slowing.

I am absolutely convinced that some authnet system is automatically changing this transaction key. Maybe it's from database resets or some automated process, I don't know what. But it's happening, I can prove it, and it's aggravating beyond belief. All my sandbox systems and test client systems break all the time and I have to go log in and get my new key.

There's a checkbox when getting the api credentials to "Disable old transaction key". I NEVER check that box, so I know that's not it.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on? Authnet could prove this is happening. They could log my login history and when a week goes by in which I don't log in, they could verify that my transaction key in fact changed. I'm at wits end on this. Please help.

ZeroGravPro
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I would like to clarify that transaction keys are always disabled. Checking the box when creating a new transaction key only means that the old one will remain active for 24 hours to give you time to update your systems. Only the newest transaction key should be used.

Depending on how long it has been since you signed up, it is possible you are using a shared test account. We automated the process of getting dedicated test accounts about 3 years ago. Prior to that time, we did not provide every developer with a dedicated account.

Thanks,

Joy

View solution in original post

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I would like to clarify that transaction keys are always disabled. Checking the box when creating a new transaction key only means that the old one will remain active for 24 hours to give you time to update your systems. Only the newest transaction key should be used.

Depending on how long it has been since you signed up, it is possible you are using a shared test account. We automated the process of getting dedicated test accounts about 3 years ago. Prior to that time, we did not provide every developer with a dedicated account.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I don't understand - I have my own login and a password I can change. How could anyone else have access to this "shared" account?

In any case, how can I create a dedicated account? Can you post a link?

Thanks Joy.

You can create a new test/sandbox account here http://developer.authorize.net/sandbox/